The slang ‘Idan’ is a popular Nigerian street word that has been trending on social media for some days now.
It is simply a way of expressing admiration for something or a sign of respect for wealthy personalities and performances.
Below are the five things to know about ‘Idan’
- It is a Yoruba word that is used for the expression of something wonderful and charming.
- A faster way of giving accolades for someone’s good performance.
- It is mostly used by the Yoruba people in Nigeria.
- It can be used for both positive and negative perspectives.
- According to social media usage, Idan may refer to a “boss” or someone with peculiar abilities.
Examples of how ‘Idan’ has been used on social media.
Aliko Dangote is a real Idan when it comes to doing business.
Idan withdraws money without joining ATM long queues.
An Idan student doesn’t take notes in class, but gets A’s during exams.